While decorating and getting into the holiday spirit this year, don’t forget about these 8 Holiday Decorating and Safety tips for a beautiful home.
8 Holiday Decorating and Safety Tips:
- Most ornaments come with metal hooks. Try using a plastic-coated paperclip to hang ornaments instead; it will prevent scratches on your beloved ornaments.
- We’ve got a great trick if you are hanging a wreath. Drive a small screw at the very top of the door, only halfway in. Then tie a fishing line around the screw, tie your wreath to the other end of the fishing line, then drive the screw in completely to secure the line.
- If you are using an artificial tree, remember to check the label and make sure it is fire resistant. It’s also a good idea to check your lights to make sure they aren’t giving off too much heat.
- Keep all trees at least 3 feet away from fireplaces, radiators, and any other heating elements to help prevent fires.
- If you have a real tree, be sure to cut 2 inches off the trunk so it can better absorb water.
- Instead of using real candles, consider using fake ones. You can remove the fire hazard altogether.
- It’s always a good idea to plug in your before hanging them to make sure they work. Remember, ONLY use indoor lights and outdoor lights as they are meant to be used. (indoor for indoor, outdoor for outdoor).
- A good hack for hanging outdoor lights is using clothespins, zip ties, or specialty clips to avoid nailing or drilling through the house and the electric cord of the lights.
We hope these tips make your holiday decorating easier and safer!