Builders Risk Insurance
About Builders Risk Insurance
Builders Risk Insurance provides course‐of‐construction protection to meet the needs of the remodeling, new‐residential and light‐commercial construction industry. This policy is available to both homeowners and general contractors. Bankers provides the capacity for single-dwelling policies insured to $3,000,000 per building, and a project reporting form with capacity to $10,000,000 per catastrophe for larger builders. This policy is often required to secure a loan.
Builders Risk Insurance includes but is not limited to:
Ready to Speak to an Agent?
Insurance is complex and you need professional advice you can trust. We partner with top-quality independent agents who can help guide you through the purchasing process. There are many things you should be asking your agent prior to purchasing insurance for your home or business.
First, be prepared before you visit your agent. Do an inventory of your home or business. You may be surprised how much you really have. Visit knowyourstuff.org.*
Below are a few of the types of questions your agent can answer:
- Does my lender require flood insurance? Am I in a special flood hazard zone? (Everyone is in a flood zone!)
- How much flood coverage do I need?
- What is Umbrella Insurance and is it just for the wealthy?
- Do I need special coverage for an in-home office?
- I collect antiques and jewelry. How do I get this covered?
- Do I need employment practices liability lnsurance and what does it cover?
- Is my company required to maintain workers compensation coverage?
- What will happen if I cannot operate my business?
- I conduct business out of state. Is my electronic information protected?
- What is identity theft and is there a way to protect myself from it?